Friday, June 12, 2015

Day 163 - 100% Cranberry Juice

Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, nah, that isn’t gonna happen, I am not buying this juice again. 

Here is what to be on the lookout for...  
Let’s just say, when this label says 100% CRANBERRY JUICE, they ain’t a kiddin’…  The little part that says “No artificial colors, flavors, or preservatives” basically means – NO SUGAR OR ANYTHING ELSE TO MAKE THIS JUICE PALATABLE – DRINK AT YOUR OWN RISK! 

I guess I am spoiled.  I see the words “Cranberry Juice” and I must just expect COCKTAIL.  Even though this label clearly does NOT say cocktail and clearly DOES say 100% juice, I did not know what I was getting myself into!  I am not sure who drinks this juice…  It is as bitter, tart and sharp as the night is long.  It is pure, unadulterated squished cranberries.  We could not even get through a shared teeny tiny juice cup – I asked David if he wanted to add some San Pelligrino bubbly water to it to try and cut it to make it better and he said, “NO!  I don’t want to waste any Pelligrino!!  I will dump that juice out!”.

Not a good way to start your morning....

WHAT THE WHAT IS IN THIS JUICE GLASS????
So we dumped out half a cup of juice, and I am now going to dump out the rest of the (almost untouched) bottle.  Sigh.  What a waste.  But we are leaving Florida tomorrow and need to clean out the fridge, and I cannot imagine the neighbors would be thankful to us for dumping this juice on them. 

It is hard to RATE this product.  I mean, I guess I have never had “real” cranberry juice, only the Welch’s Cranberry Juice Cocktail kind…  So maybe, if you are into pure cranberry juice, this stuff is the bomb…  However, for my taste buds, this stuff just totally BOMBED.   So I am sorry to say I am going to have to give it a zero…  I mean, not even being able to drink a small juice glass has to equal a zero, right???  If you are a 100% cranberry juice drinker, try this.  Maybe it is good.  But if you are more on the cranberry juice COCKTAIL side, steer clear.

P.S. – my partner points out that this juice IS, in fact, what it says it is, PURE JUICE.  So perhaps the score should be higher.

P.P.S. – this stuff tastes like #^&*, I stick by the 0.  J

Price – $3.99

Rating - 0

8 comments:

  1. What countries does this juice go through as it is grown ,processed and imported???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't say I have any idea on that. It would be a swell question for you to pose to Trader Joe's though. As for me, I haven't thought about this juice since I had to drink it for this review in June. :)

      Delete
  2. Nina and I both like it.

    http://exploringtraderjoes.blogspot.com/2016/05/trader-joes-100-cranberry-juice-not.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother adds this to sparkling water and loves it. It's more for cocktails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy... Now I am feeling like I need to give this another try... Should I DARE???

      Delete
  4. this is what it is, great for health reasons too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The health benefits of cranberry juice include relief from urinary tract infection, respiratory disorders, kidney stones, cancer, and heart diseases. It is also beneficial in preventing stomach disorders and diabetes, as well as gum diseases caused by dental plaque.

    ReplyDelete