Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Day 153 - Sriracha and Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce

Oh hell to the yes.  This is a good sauce!

19.5 oz bottle - that's quite a bit of BBQ
I am not a huge BBQ person, but David is, so when I saw this at Trader Joe’s I grabbed it.  And boy I am glad I did!

The only problem with this sauce was deciding what to make with it – chicken or pork!  So, in true David fashion, instead of choosing ONE to make, he got BOTH!  And both were super yummy.

Chicken with Siriracha & Roasted Garlic BBQ Sauce, brocolli, & Lemon Pepper Pappardelle Pasta ( reviewed on day 150)
The sauce is spicy (hence the sriracha in the name…) but not TOO spicy.  It definitely has a kick to it though!  And the roasted garlic in it is great.  There is also a bit of sweet to round out the flavor. 

We have half a jar left so will be having it again soon.  Who knows, maybe I will become a BBQ junkie.  I recommend you grab a bottle and try this one.

Not a bad price!  Flyer item - it was on an end cap in our local Trader Joe's
 Note:  I just checked in with David to ask his opinion on this, and he said, “Didn’t knock my socks off.  Got the job done.  It didn’t seem all that different than other BBQ sauces to me.”  HUH??  I thought it tasted way better than most…  Oh my.  We may have to agree to disagree on this one.  Try it and comment in the comment section and let me know what you think.

Price - $2.99

Rating – 4.25

No comments:

Post a Comment