Thursday, June 11, 2015

Day 162 - Caramel Popcorn

Well drat.  I had high hopes for this caramel popcorn.  You see, I adore Trader Joe’s Chicago Style Popcorn (now called Caramel and Cheddar Popcorn) which got a rave review on day 100 of this blog.  So because the caramel popcorn in that mix is SO GOOD, I rather hoped that this little bag of just caramel would be the same quality – basically I hoped they picked all the caramel bits out of a mixed bag and put them in this bag for times I just wanted caramel.

Nope. 
Look how HAPPY David is!  This is BEFORE he tried this popcorn.  Now he feels angry, bitter, and duped...
This caramel popcorn tastes more like CRACKER JACKS than real, honest to goodness delicious caramel popcorn.  It almost has a fake-y taste.  The bag says they tried to find a way to maintain the sweet caramel flavor with less fat “and we did”.  Ummm – no you didn’t.  You maintained the fake-y boring Cracker Jacks flavor.  If I wanted that I would buy CRACKER JACKS, where at least I would get a prize!

Give us back FAT- if fat means flavor we'll take the fat.  You keep the Cracker Jacks.
Color me disappointed.  I will pay extra and stick to the Caramel Cheddar Blend from now on!

Price - $1.69

Rating – 1.75

No comments:

Post a Comment