Saturday, January 31, 2015

Day 31 - Cookie Butter Sandwich Cookies

These cookies are NEW to Trader Joe’s.  They come out with new products quite often, which is good given my task of reviewing something new from the store every single day of 2015!

New product!
I was leery – cookies PLUS “cookie butter” filling sounded waaay too sweet for this girl.  But I asked as I was checking out if the woman ringing me up had tried them yet and she HAD.  She said since they were new, a bunch of people from the store had been sampling them, and she reported they were really tasty.  She, too, had been worried about the “too sweet” factor but her report was that the COOKIES themselves were not sweet, so the filling was not overpowering.

Afternoon snack - cookie butter sandwich cookies and espresso!
After trying them I must say – I AGREE WITH HER!  The cookies (on top and bottom) are what I would describe as “neutral” – not too sweet, not savory, just COOKIES.  They are much softer than I imagined they would be, too, and not crumbly because the filling sort of holds it all together.  The cookie butter filling is, as its name would lead you to believe, buttery.  The combination is yummy!  My partner is not a fan of cookie dough products and even HE thinks they are pretty good.  

Not a bad price, either
Price - $3.99

Rating – 4

No comments:

Post a Comment