Friday, January 23, 2015

Day 23 - Pumpkin Scones

If you are new to Trader Joe’s let me explain something – they come out with special products at the holidays.  These things are only available during that holiday season – get them, eat them, and don’t expect to see them again until the following year.  These Iced Pumpkin Scones came to Trader Joe’s when they must have decided, “Let’s do EVERYTHING pumpkin!” around Halloween/Thanksgiving 2014.  They had pumpkin coffee, pumpkin cakes, pumpkin beer, pumpkin everything – including these unfortunate scones.

We don’t eat a lot of scones, and we do not eat a lot of pumpkin flavored stuff.  But for some reason I felt we needed to try some, maybe it was the peer pressure of, “Everybody ELSE is eating pumpkin….”.  So I threw them in our cart.

Bleck.  They really did not have any good qualities.  They were not a good texture.  They were definitely not a good taste (overly pumpkin, nutmeg, and sugar).  The icing on them was sweeter than, well, sweeter than sweet. And they were not even PRETTY.  When I laid some out on a plate to try and pass them off to unsuspecting guests, they looked a bit like poo plops…  I guess it is no wonder the guests went for other sweets! 

Poo plops - errr - I mean Pumpkin Scones.
I do not know how much we paid for these sad little scones, but I know whatever it was it was too much.  We didn’t return them (we should have), we threw them out.  When they come round again next year you won’t find any in our house!  Fool me once, shame on you.  Fool me twice, well, … , ummm, you’re not gonna fool me again.

Price - ?? (because “pumpkin season” is officially over, I cannot find the price)

Rating – 0 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment