Friday, June 15, 2018

Maria Jola Sangria - NEW PACKAGING!

Guys, summer time is here, and you know what that means...

SUMMMMMMER!!!  Vacation beach jump - Poipou Beach, Kauai, Hawaii 
SANGRIA AND SUNSHINE!!!

I just made a trip to Trader Joe's to stock up on sangria (the sunshine was already provided by Mother Nature :) ).  I got a little nervous when I didn't see the brightly colored Maria Jola bottle of yore.... 
This is from LAST YEAR, when I was ever so excited to grab a bottle of sangria!! 
I thought I would find this same bottle on the shelf today, but no luck...
But then I found THIS cutie patootie:

New packaging!! 
The TJ's employee assured me it is the same sangria, just in a newly designed package.  I have to say, I think this is a big improvement over the old bottle!  The dots are FUN, fun, fun and the whole thing just looks, oh, I don't know, classier I guess.  It is still made of plastic so you can easily toss it around for picnics or travel without worrying. 

Our local TJ's did not have the white sangria version today, which was a-ok with me because we think that kind tastes like bathroom cleaner.  And if there is one thing I do NOT want to sip on a warm summer night, it is bathroom cleaner... 

Original review of both the red and white sangrias here:  Maria Jola Red and White Sangrias

I am planning on making a batch of this tonight and sitting out on the front porch for dinner and drinks.  Ahhhh, summer!

Price:  $5.99 (though I am not certain the bottle holds the same amount as the old one)
Rating:  we haven't drunk it yet to be SURE, but if the TJ's person was correct that it is the same product, I will stick with our previous rating of 4.25

HAPPY SUMMER!


15 comments:

  1. Sounds good!! I'll have to try this! I recently tried the watermelon cucumber cooler and I think it may be one of the worst TJ's buys ever. Blegh...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhhh, I haven't tried the watermelon cucumber cooler. Thanks for the warning!!

      Delete
  2. I just gotta know, how in the heck can you 2 jump so high. I can't get my short fat self that far off the ground :)

    We don't have a TJ's near us, so we don't get to shop often. But, I'll look for it next time we go to Metairie, Louisiana.

    Take care,

    ReplyDelete
  3. I try so hard to like this blog, but, why is nearly every post pictured with a scrunched up face or pulling a long goofy expression or otherwise looking like you're both in pain, suffering, or about to pass gas (or worse)?

    ReplyDelete
  4. where can I buy this Sangria Maria jola?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Taste wise is it sweet? bitter? Sorry I was just curious I've never had sangria before.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Does anyone know if the plastic bottle is BPA free???

    ReplyDelete