Sunday, January 25, 2015

Day 25 - Hot Pico de Gallo Salsa

This stuff is like vegetable crack.  Once I open a tub of it, consider it g-o-n-e.  I mean, sure, it SAYS a “serving” is 2 tablespoons, but that is an outright lie.  I have eaten a whole tub (with blue chips) in one sitting.  I am not proud of that fact, but I must put it out there to warn you.  Once you start, you cannot stop eating this salsa.

Find it near the cheese, hummus, pizza dough section
First off, the veggies in it are fresh.  And cut to just the right size.  I usually eat it by dipping in a Trader Joe’s blue chip, and the size of the veggie chunks are just right to jump up and sit on a chip.  But you need to know – when the label says “hot”, it ain’t a kiddin’!  This stuff is hot, which is just the way I like it (and also means I get to eat the whole tub myself because it is too spicy for my partner - yes!!).  You will find tomatoes, green peppers, onion, cilantro…  Is your mouth watering yet because mine is…

2 tablespoons?  You must be freakin' kidding me
Because it is fresh, the expiration date will come quickly after you open it (which is not normally a problem for me, given my propensity to suck it all down in one sitting).  If I didn’t always eat it all up with chips I am sure it would be delicious on a taco or enchilada. 

This also comes in “mild” or “medium”, but that is only for wimps.  Go big or go home!  Find it in the refrigerated section near the cheeses.

Price – $2.99

Rating – 4.75 stars

3 comments:

  1. I reviewed this product waaaay back at the beginning of this project - January 25th. We are now nearing the completion of the year of reviews - it is mid October - and I still ADORE this salsa. I ate it for lunch (with TJ's blue corn chips) yesterday and today. Yes - a whole tub was 2 SERVINGS for me (even though the container playfully says it should be 10 servings...).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this HOT salsa? They forgot to add the Jalapeño peppers and had twice the onion for in the 12 oz. I never had salsa as bad as this...what a rip-off but not only that, I purchased it for Superbowl party 2016 and everyone was disappointed!

    smp dated 2/7/2016

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how disappointing! Sorry you didn't like it. You have the HOT one, not the MILD? I am addicted to this stuff. In fact - I just got back from the store and I have a new tub of it in my fridge now!

      Delete