Friday, February 13, 2015

Day 44 - Roasted Gorgonzola Flavored Oven Crisp Crackers

Keep reading, even if you hate gorgonzola. 

I am not a cracker person.  When I think of a snack or a nibble, crackers don’t come to mind.  But I am glad these ended up at our house, because they are yummy!

These are some fine crackers
At first glance, there are many things that could go wrong with these crackers.  First off, lots of people hate strong cheeses like gorgonzola.  I personally am a gorgonzola fan, so that was a plus for me.  What worried me was that they are “gorgonzola flavored”.  I feared that the quotation marks around “flavor” might mean some fakey sort of flavoring.  I also anticipated a powdery goo that would stick to my fingers when I munched on these.  And the last possible thing that could have gone wrong (in my humble opinion) was “oven crisp” – as in – kinda sorta healthy instead of just SNACKY.

Very reasonable price!
But nope, nope, and nope – these are good!  The flavor is NOT strong.  In fact, I would bet if you put some of these in a little dish on the coffee table and hid the box, even your friends who “hate gorgonzola” would like them!  There is not a powder that flakes off onto your fingers.  And they do not taste all bland and flavor-less like some “baked” snacks do. 

Roasted Gorgonzola crackers for the win!

Price – $2.29 (a good price for a lot of crackers)

Rating – 4

3 comments:

  1. TJ PLEASE BRING BACK THESE DELICIOUS CRACKERS! if YOU HAD CONSULTED ME, I WOULD HAVE ADVISED YOU TO DISCONTINUE THE RED PEPPER CRACKER INSTEAD. THESE GORGONZOLA CRACKERS ARE DIVINE AND HAVE BEEN A STAPLE IN MY PANTRY FOR YEARS! NOW I MUST HIDE THE LAST 1/3 OF THE BOX SO I DONT HAVE TO SHARE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omigosh I am going through withdrawal! I have looked everywhere for these wonderful crackers. There just isn't anything else like them out there. PLEASE bring them back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seriously! My kids loved them! And now they’re gone. My kids are so picky. What happened to the TJ Gorgonzola Crackers. It’s a mystery that needs immediate solving.

    ReplyDelete