Sunday, March 22, 2015

Day 81 - Toasted Coconut Pancake Mix

We do not make pancakes all that often at our house, so when we do they are a treat.   And I usually enjoy them more than my partner.

But with this new Trader Joe’s Toasted Coconut Pancake Mix, the trend was reversed – David was more in love with them than I was.  I thought they were GOOD, but he really, really liked them.

Isn't the old fashioned packaging look cute?
They were darn simple to make – just add water, mix, and cook.  The toasted coconut in them is a great addition and adds deliciousness.  My only thing was that they were a bit DRY.  Even with butter and syrup, I would have liked them to be more moist.  Next time I am going to follow the recipe that says it makes thinner pancakes that you can roll up and see how those taste!

Overall, good breakfast. 

It is a new product for Trader Joe's
P.S. – David adds, “It is also a cookie mix!”  He is eating 2 leftover pancakes that have been sitting out on a plate on the counter for 12 hours as COOKIES.  Yeah, that’s how he rolls.

Price - $3.69

Rating – 3.75

1 comment:

  1. A coconut pancake is a delicious breakfast dish made from a batter of flour, coconut milk, eggs, sugar, and shredded coconut. This mixture is cooked on a griddle until golden brown, resulting in a fluffy and slightly sweet pancake with a tropical coconut flavor. It's often served with syrup, fruit, or whipped cream for added sweetness and flavor. You can add a bit of coconut milk if it's very dry. It is a healthy option for breakfast, but my favorite one is banana pancakes . My mother makes coconut pancakes for me every Sunday morning.

    ReplyDelete