Sunday, April 12, 2015

Day 102 - Vegetable Pad Thai

I love Pad Thai – I often order it when we go out for Thai food.  So I would really like to find a great frozen Pad Thai to eat at home.  Sadly, this is not it.  It isn’t awful, but it is nowhere near the taste of Pad Thai you get at a restaurant.


Try as I might, I could not get mine to look as pretty as it does on the bos
I think part of the problem is cooking it in the microwave (which is the first method listed on the packaging) – the noodles just get gloppy and yucky.  Even with a large amount of stirring around it didn’t ever get “saucy” or appetizing.  And let me just say – there is a reason “bean sprouts” are listed first on the ingredients – this dish is chock full of ‘em.  Sadly, they are sort of the stringy sprouts, not the robust, tasty ones.  Drat. 

Here is how it looks in REAL LIFE - after lots of stirring to try and make it prettier (and tastier).  Note the Sriracha bottle...
I used copious amounts of Trader Joe’s Sriracha (which got a glowing review on day 45 of this blog) and that helped make the meal more palatable.

Cheap lunch, but not that great
In a nutshell – this will fill you up if you need to eat a quick lunch, but it will not leave you begging for more.

Price – $2.69

Rating – 2.75 

2 comments:

  1. This is actually good to read content of this blog. A is very general and huge knowledgeable platform has been known by this blog. I in reality appreciate this blog to have such kind of educational knowledge.
    โรงงานสบู่

    ReplyDelete
  2. Share great information about your blog , Blog really helpful for us . We read your blog , share most useful information in blog . Thanks for share your blog here .
    ร้อยไหม

    ReplyDelete