Friday, August 21, 2015

Day 233 - Coconut BonBons

I am an ACTIVE person.  Not, like, WORK OUT, active, cuz I don’t ever work out.  But active in a DO STUFF sort of way.  I like to be UP, moving around, active!  Why, just the other day I went to see the World’s Largest Ball of Paint in Alexandria, Indiana!  See – THAT is active, isn’t??

Seriously - it is in the Guiness Book of World Records!  The WORLD'S LARGEST BALL OF PAINT!

Here we are adding layer number 24,648 to the ball (you can learn more about it here:  
http://www.atlasobscura.com/places/world-s-largest-ball-of-paint

So I have never understood the concept of “lie on the sofa and eat bonbons all day”.  The only time I would ever lie on a sofa all day is if I was SICK, and if I am sick I sure as heck don’t want to be eating BONBONS…

But if there were EVER a bonbon that might persuade me to lie on a sofa all day – this Trader Joe’s Moist Chewy Coconut BonBon is IT!  Oh man, these suckers are amazing!  They are sort of like Mounds candy bars (which I hesitate to say because I do not even like Mounds…) but they are 100 gazillion times better!  They are rich.  They are very, very moist.  The chocolate, oh man, the chocolate is amazing!!!  And they have a perfect chocolate to coconut ratio. 

GET.  THESE.  COCONUT.  BONBONS
I asked David what he thought of these bonbons and he was just as enamored as me.   He said, “They are fabulous.   Actually, luscious is a better word.  They have enough chocolate to cushion the sweetness of the coconut.  The size is perfect to eat in a few bits (editor’s note – I think most normal people (i.e. people other than David) would pop the whole bonbon in their mouths).  These are a lovely late night treat, particularly if you had them with coffee or tea.”

David eating a bonbon - see, boys like them, too!
So yes, we loved these.  They deserve more fan fare on the shelf at Trader Joe’s.  I bet if they ever cut these up and sample them they sell out for the day.  Seriously, if you like chocolate and coconut, this is a home run.


$3.99 - worth every penny

Bonbons on a plate
















Note – if you ever consider getting the super poopy Chocolate Coconut Macaroons at Trader Joe’s, don’t.  Read my review on day 97 of this blog before spending your money.  Then use that money to buy these bon bons instead!

Price – $3.99

Rating - 5

No comments:

Post a Comment