Saturday, May 9, 2015

Day 129 - Tzatziki

My friend Heidi turned me on to this product.  She said they get it a lot at Trader Joe’s.  And if Heidi likes it, chances are I will like it!  And I do.

Tzatziki, if you have never had it before, is, as the lid says, a “Creamy Garlic Cucumber Dip”.  It is a Greek sauce and when you eat it, if you close your eyes, you can imagine you are on a small Greek Island enjoying the sea breeze!!! 

Hard to spell, but easy to eat
We had it with our falafel (reviewed yesterday) and I also had it with Pita Bite Crackers (reviewed on day 127).  It is really tasty – adds some zip to what you eat it with.  The chunks of cucumber are a nice size.  It says it is “low fat”, which would normally be a bit of a turn off for me, but it didn’t TASTE low fat, if  you know what I mean.  It IS runny, which means it can get messy, but licking it off your fingers is totally acceptable (at least at our house it is).

Reasonably priced
This is a good summer food.  Enjoy it in warm weather and dream of Greece.

Price – $3.49
Rating – 4.25


No comments:

Post a Comment