Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Day 231 - Villa Borghetti Grigio Luna Pinot Grigio

This Pinot Grigio is okay, but not great.  It’s not all that fruity.  It is somehow sort of acidic maybe? 

We paired it with pasta served with pesto, fresh veggies, and mozzarella balls (review on day 166 of this blog).  Sadly, the food overpowered the wine and we felt that the Grigio Luna Pinot Grigio just didn’t hold up its end of the bargain in this meal. 

Beautiful name.  Pretty label.  Doesn't make you barf.
I gotta say, this wine just brought nuttin’ to the table.  It didn’t make me barf, but it didn’t leave me wanting more.  And really, is “Didn’t make me barf” a good enough reason to purchase this one again when there are so many good (and cheap) wines to choose from at Trader Joe’s?

Looks pretty in the glass!
The best part of this wine is the NAME.  Grigio Luna.  Doesn’t it just sound fancy and pretty?  It means “moon”.  We like the singer Mary Chapin Carpenter and she has a great song about her cat Luna.  You can listen to it here:
We saw her sing it in concert outdoors in Northern Virginia.  It was so funny – she explained it is about her cat, Luna, who went missing and they were really upset.  So she wrote and recorded this song about it.  Then Luna returned J.  And the song was already recorded.  So when she sang it she smiled a bit – especially when she sang, “Nothing to give us one thin clue…” and “Guess it’s part of the plan to know we’ll never FIND her…”. 

Try it if you would like to, but it is not our favorite.
So to summarize – we normally like Pinot Grigios but this one is not repeat worthy.

Price – $5.99

Rating – 2.75

9 comments:

  1. Love the grigio luna Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie. It is light and easy to drink. I will continue to buy this wine at Trader Joe's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time I'VE TRIED Grigio Luna pinot griogio and I am happily surprised. Light, refreshing and not overly fruity! Great summer wine at a great price. Will buy again and again. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that this blog exists. Thanks for your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worst Pinot Grigio I have had in a very long time. It is way too sweet and fruity and just awful to the taste.....yuk!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this Pinot Grigio. Its not nearly as sweet as many. I always buy it at TJ's, but would love to buy it in bulk. Does anyone know how I could?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this wine I tend to like any Pinot Grigio from Delle Venezie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great Pino bottle too hard to open.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the Grigio Luna Villa Borghetti Pinot Grigio Delle Venezie 2022. It is delicious alone or with food, and is as described on the sign in the Nashua, NH Trader Joe’s.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Does it have Added sulfites

    ReplyDelete