Monday, September 7, 2015

Day 250 - Coconut Shrimp

Find in the frozen food section
Here is David’s take on these puppies  – “They are okay, but a little dry…  They need a SAUCE.  I used a shrimp cocktail sauce but I think a sweet and sour sauce would be nicer.  I would give them a 3.25.”

A little coconut shrimp "drumlette" looking thing
And my opinion – They are easy to cook.  Just preheat the oven to 450 and put them on a baking tray.  We left them in around 14 minutes (our oven always takes a little longer than recipes say it will).  Not GREAT, but not HORRIBLE…  Like David said they are a bit dry.  It would be cool if they came with a little sauce in the box. 

The sign suggests serving them at your luau, but I don't think they are good enough for a luau.  For personal consumption only. 
The coconut taste is nice.  We do not eat a lot of seafood so it is nice to have SHRIMP, but I think this might not be the best way to get them.  We served them with leftover garlic mashed potatoes, and I have to admit the mashed pots were better than the shrimp.

Here David models the box while we are in the Clarendon, VA Trader Joe's. 
Would I serve them to guests?  Probably not.  Would I buy them again?  Maybe not.  Will I eat the remaining 5 that are still in the freezer?  Yup – that much I will do.  (Serving size is 5 and there are 3 servings in the box.)

Price – $5.99

Rating - 3

1 comment:

  1. I mix low fat mayo with TJs Mango chutney, with a splash of hot sauce, mixed together. that said i think i'd stick to the fish nuggets for my easy late night pop in the oven fried seafood , type, thing next time

    ReplyDelete