Sunday, February 21, 2016

Cara Cara Navel Oranges: The Sequel

Guys, I hate to do this.  I really don’t want to, but I feel I must.

I am DOWNGRADING the rating of Cara Cara Navel Oranges originally posted almost a year ago.

We LOVED Cara Cara oranges last year.  They were tasty.  They were sweet.  They were juicy.  They were the bomb.  Here is the original review from Day 66 of 365:
Cara Cara review

So this year when we saw them in the store, we were excited!  “The CARA CARAs are back!” we practically sing songed in the produce section.

Last year I loved 'em so much I wanted to marry 'em!
Alas, we should have kept our happy memories of better crops in 2015.  This year the cara caras we got are dry, bland, and kinda sorta tasteless…

Originally they got a coveted 5 star review.  I don’t give those out willy nilly, mind you!  And I feel bad if people read that review and rushed out to buy Cara Caras, only to be duped by some little round balls pretending to be tasty oranges.

Photo circa 2015; back in the time when Cara Caras were astoundingly delicious.
So I will give them a new score today.  Sorry Cara Caras, we loved you last year, but this year you disappoint.  Sigh.


New rating – 2.5

2 comments:

  1. Interesting. I just went and got these last night. Actually in the middle of making marmalade with them right now. They were juicy and sweet. Maybe you just got a bad bag?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe we did get a bad bag... Maybe we need to get back up on the horse and try again...

      Delete