Saturday, March 31, 2018

Milk Chocolate Truffles

Milk Chocolate Truffles with Soft Creme Center

The wrappings on these truffles are very, very pretty.  They are extremely detailed little pieces of artwork.   The truffles are made in Germany and the nutritional information says that a serving size is 2 pieces.  For ME, 1 piece of these is a serving.

This photo really doesn't do the wrapper justice.  They are very pretty.
David is our resident sweet expert, and here is what he thought of these truffles:  “There are 3 different colors of wrapper, but the truffles inside are all the same.  The chocolate is excellent, really great.  The overall truffle is good.  I think the inside is a little bit heavy for me.  I wouldn’t mind something a little more mousse-like.  The crème is very rich and buttery.  Maybe most people would pop a whole one of these in their mouth – and the balance is very good.  (Editor’s note:  David would never eat a treat like this all in one bite 😊 ).   I give these a 4.25.”

Even before we opened the BAG David's mouth was watering.
As for my take on this special treat, I am surprised at how cheap these are.  There are 10 truffles in a bag and they sell for only $2.29.  I think they would be GREAT to buy a bag of, open, and put a few into Easter baskets.  They are very tasty.  They beat “normal” Easter candy hands down.  (In other words – I would prefer one of these truffles over a fake-y hollow chocolate bunny any day.) 

The milk chocolate quality in these truffles is very nice.  The size of each truffle is a little too big for me, but I think most people would be perfectly fine with the size.  The flavors are a very nice blend – the crème-y, truffle-y inside and the milk chocolate outside.  These would be good to give as gifts.  I give them a 4.25.

Here is the creme center
So, there you go!  We both really liked this new treat from Trader Joe’s.  It may well be seasonal, so you should get some soon.  I think we will grab another bag.  Or two…  Ok, probably two… 

P.S. – We liked these better than TJ’s Milk Chocolate Truffle BAR.  You can see a previous review of that product here:  Milk Chocolate Truffle Bar Review

Price:  $2.29
Rating:  4.25

Bonus photo:  HAPPY EASTER (to those who celebrate) from my sisters and I. 
I think this photo is circa Easter morning, 1968 or 1969.  Attractive, no??


No comments:

Post a Comment