Sunday, November 27, 2016

Poinsettias - Please Treat Your Mom

We are visiting Omaha, Nebraska for a week to celebrate Thanksgiving, birthdays, and an upcoming wedding with my family.  Part of my visits to Nebraska always involve visiting my mom's grave.  I wrote about this once last year, explaining how I find it sad to go visit her, yet also very necessary, and the act of bringing flowers to the grave is somehow comforting. 

This is my mom's handwriting.  I find it so comforting to see it.
I recommend that you save a card or letter from your parents - it
is lovely to have their writing after they are gone. 
Last year I stopped into the Trader Joe's at One Pacific Place in Omaha and bought a very pretty bouquet to take to the cemetery and the woman in the demo area was super sweet and helpful (that piece can be found here:  floral bouquet review ).  So this week when I wanted flowers to put on Mom's grave, I headed out to TJ's to see what they had. 

There are a lot of flowers and plants to choose from at TJ's
As you may have noticed if you have shopped recently, TJ's is now filled with holiday flowers.  They have lots of lovely flowers and potted plants to choose from.  I settled on a medium sized red poinsettia (I guess it would be considered "small" in other stores, but TJ's has some adorable teeny tiny poinsettias so I will call this 4.5" one "medium").

So pretty, and so reasonably priced, too
The red flowers are so bright and just right for this time of year.  The sun was shining when we visited my mom and I was glad to have a gift to bring, even though she isn't really there to receive it.

My mom - I think this photo was taken in the 70s.
My point in telling you this story is this:  if your mother is still alive, please visit her now while you can.  Go see her when you can still hug her, still have a conversation with her.  And bring her FLOWERS.  You don't have to spend a ton of money on them, just bring her SOMETHING pretty.  Give them to her NOW, while you can hand them to her and see the smile on her face.  Please. 
As pretty as these flowers look here, they will be a million times more
beautiful on your mother's coffee table.  Bring her some, please. If she asks
why you are bringing flowers, just tell her I sent you, and that you love her.


Price - $2.99
Rating- 5



No comments:

Post a Comment