Thursday, October 1, 2015

Day 274 - Peanut Butter and Jelly with Nonfat Greek Yogurt

Look, I thought this product sounded disgusting.  I wasn’t gonna try it.  I like yogurt.  I like peanut butter.  (OK, I dislike jelly…)  But the thought of those flavors TOGETHER sounds inedible to me!

You have to admit this sounds gross...
I don’t want to purposely buy anything to eat and review during this year long blog that I know I will hate.  That’s not fair.  And I only have 365 reviews in total to do, ya know.  So this was one new Trader Joe’s item I was prepared to leave on the shelf.

Until…

Until one of my Facebook friends, Peter Marino said something like THIS WAS HIS NEWEST FAVORITE FOOD EVER.  I had to ask if he was being sarcastic or serious (cuz with him it is hard to tell sometimes).  He said he was being HONEST, that he adores this stuff.

Not a bad price, but is it a BAD TASTE???
Welllllllllllllllllllll……  If LANCE likes it, I wanna try it!  Lance is Peter’s character in his solo show “Late with Lance”.  We saw it this summer at the Orlando Fringe Festival and it was great.  Cracked.  Us.  Up.  You should really check out his site and watch the preview clip here:  Lance Show Preview   So if Lance is in, I am in baby!  Throw some of that crap, errr, yogurt in my cart!

When I opened the container I was really surprised.  It didn’t look at all like I expected.  Because the name is PEANUT BUTTER and JELLY WITH Greek Yogurt I thought it would be actual real live swirls or chunks of peanut butter and jelly in or on top of the yogurt.  Nope.  It is just a mixed up yogurt that smells like peanut butter. 

Does this look appetizing to you?
When I TASTED it I was disgusted.  Bleck-a-rama!  Lance HOW can that be your favorite food???  Yogurt is good, but this stuff….  Ewwwwww.  The flavors do NOT go together.  I disliked it so much that I realized I needed to do the FIRST EVER Trader Joe’s 365 VIDEO REVIEW and record David tasting it the first time.  Honestly, I thought he would despise it and maybe even spit it out all over the table (which I would find hilarious).  So I grabbed the camera and forced him to eat some.  Here is how it went:


WHAT THE HELL?  HE LIKES IT????  David!!!!  You are on LANCE’S side here???

This is one freaky, gross product.  I can only imagine 7 year old boys liking it.  Well, 7 year old boys and Lance and David.

David gave it a 3.75, I give it a 2.5.  It is not for me – so Lance and David have at it! 

Price – .99

Rating – 3 (average of David’s way over the top rating and my very generous rating, If Lance rated it it would probably have a 5….)

10 comments:

  1. Just want to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. have tried so many TJ things that I never knew existed. Already feeling sad that the year is ending in a few months...will miss this so much! Hope you will continue this into 2016! ♥ Joni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANKS JONI! I am glad I introduced you to some new things to eat! (I hope I helped steer you away from some of the stinkers, too.)

      Delete
  2. Let me start by telling you I stumbled upon your blog while searching some Trader Joe's products on line while at work...Spoiler Alert: I work for Trader Joe's in the Quality Assurance Department and your Blog is CRACKING ME UP! This is RIGHT up my alley, and I am sharing this with NUMEROUS co-workers...i'm sure it will start to spread like wild fire! Your reviews are so great, so honest...and frankly, you have turned me on to some things i myself have been afraid to try...like this yucky sounding yogurt!!! guess I am going to have to try it tonight! Just wanted to give you a shout out, and tell you you are doing a great job! I love it! ...Now back to stalking the items from March.....brb!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH MY GOODNESS! You have made me smile so big. :) Thank you for reading! It cracks me up that you are doing quality control at TJ's while reading about my own personal "quality control". Ha! Thanks for telling people about it - I would love for more TJ's peeps to read. :) And THANKS for commenting and letting me know you are out there!

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for creating a Facebook page for your 365 day Trader Joes products taste test! Also, please don't stop at 365! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have thought of the FB page earlier! I can't believe it took me 9 months of blogging to think of that.

      Delete
  4. Hahaha!! Love the video and impromptu banana addition. Look, I actually really like a good drizzle of actual peanut butter on my plain greek yogurt- so a while back i tried this too. I didn't hate it too bad but it wasn't the swirl of nit butter in yogurt i was expecting like you were. And where was the jelly?? At all? Never tasted jelly in it. Meh.
    But that pumpkin greek yogurt is a good one. Kinda sweet but i pick up a few every year.
    Ttrockwood
    Ps
    I love that you have fans that work "on the inside"!
    PPs
    Kombucha tastes like girly beer (i hate it, but i also hate beer)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AGREED - ain't no jelly. False advertising :).

      Delete
  5. Go figure, I was looking for Pinot Noir wine at Trader Joe's and came across your food blog. Totally awesome, I love your photo with the steamed mussels and coconut water! (Lol funny). You made my day:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) THANKS! Glad you like it. I have a blast writing it. Did you find the perfect Pinot???

      Delete