Sunday, June 21, 2015

Day 172 - Popcorn with Herbs and Spices

Sometimes I fear Trader Joe’s is trying too hard with popcorn blends – they have the Chicago Style (aka Caramel and Cheddar) Mix (glowing 5 star review on day 100), plain caramel popcorn (sucky review on day 162), Partially Popped Popcorn (another favorite of mine that you can find reviewed on day 74), and there is a popcorn with olive oil that I haven’t reviewed yet.  OH!  There is also a bizarre BACON popcorn that we bought, ate, and I forgot to review.  (Ewww, now I have to buy it again and eat more, don’t I?)

The seriously colored dark green bag hints at the serious flavor to be found inside
Anyway, I fear they are taking the popcorn thing too far.  But I shouldn’t have been scared to buy this one.  Popcorn with Herbs and Spices is actually pretty good.  The tagline on the bag is “A Savory Popcorn for Your Snack Cravings!”.  I just have to say that my only cravings are cheese and/or olives, so this snack doesn’t fit the craving bill for me personally.  But it does fit the “tasty treat” bill.

Close up - see the little herb and spice specks?
The spices listed are dill, celery seed, and onion.  Those do “savory” this popcorn up!  It is good with red wine and I am guessing would also compliment a beer well.  I don’t think it is the kind of snack where I would open up a bag and just snarf my way through the whole thing in one sitting, but that is not a bad thing (portion control), is it??

Look for it in the snack section
If you want a snack that isn’t sweet and has more than just salt, give this a try.

Price – $1.99

Rating – 4

No comments:

Post a Comment