Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Day 133 - Dan Armor Cuvee Speciale Cidre Brut

We bought this (hard) cidre (cider) to bring to a house warming party.  Some friends who are in the theatre business had bought a home, remodeled much of it, and were having a big open house to share the joy with everyone.  So with this cidre in hand, and a bouquet of daffodils from our yard, off we went to mix and mingle.

Dan Armor Cuvee Speciale Cidre Brut
Only, the ride over to the party was sort of twisty and turny and bumpy…    When I presented the hostess with the bottle, she insisted that we open it right then and there (we had chilled it) as it would be the perfect way to toast the new abode!!  I warned her about the twists, about the turns, and about the possibly TOO bubbly bubbly…  So she grabbed a dish towel.  And opened it…

Boy howdy did she open it!  It gushed like a little volcano in a bottle!!!!  It gushed allllllllllllll over the newly refurbished wood floors…   As I rushed to grab more towels and/or paper towels to clean up the mess, I felt like the worst house guest ever.  But when I returned she was smiling and saying what a great way this was to christen the new house.  Whew!  Were we lucky these were THEATRE friends and not, like, stodgy lawyer or librarian friends J

Very inexpensive
Anyway, to review this product:  I was a bit shook up by the explosiveness of it all (and stickiness…) so am afraid I do not have a DETAILED review.  Boy do I wish I had a photo of the moment of ERUPTION onto the new living room floor.  But I can say that this tasted much more like a cidre you would get at a Parisian café than a cider you get in a single serve bottle in America.  If you are looking for a Woodchuck, this isn’t it.  This is not a SWEET cider.  But it is really inexpensive and tastes a bit “fancy”, so if you are looking for a cheap fancy, check this one out.

This didn’t make me want to rush out and buy another bottle, but it did make me think that a vacation to Paris might be needed (to drink more French cidre, of course).

Price - $4.99
Rating – 3.25

2 comments: