Monday, April 27, 2015

Day 117 - Israeli Couscous

We are a STARCH family.  Be it rice, potato, or couscous, there is GONNA be a starch at the majority of our dinners.  Damn it, we like a good starch!   I like couscous (I think I like it more than my dinner date David does, but he will eat it).  Sometimes instead of “regular” couscous I jazz it up and make Israeli Couscous, which is bigger and “squishier”.  It’s good.

Pretty purple box
This Trader Joe’s version is fine.  It is not better or worse, really, than Israeli Couscous from other places.  It is CHEAPER than you will find at other stores, which is always nice. 

You do need to be a bit careful when you make Israeli Couscous, as it can get sticky and gloppy.   The most recent time we had it I made it using Chicken Broth (reviewed on day 112) instead of water and that worked well.  It gave it some extra zing.

Portobello mushroom (to be reviewed soon) served over Israeli Cousous
If you, like us, want a starch on your plate, try this!

Price – $1.99

Rating – 3.75

No comments:

Post a Comment