Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Day 104 - Pacific Grove Chardonnay

I asked my partner David what he thought of this wine as we were drinking it with dinner.  His reply, “It’s Chardonnay, but it’s not poopy”.  Eloquent, no?  And quite accurate I think.

The simple label caught my attention  - this was our first purchase of Pacific Grove Chardonnay
It is a cheap, simple wine (with a simple label).  The bottle recommends serving it with “herb crusted fish, roasted chicken, or light pasta dishes”, and I would agree that it would complement those well (and I thank Trader Joe’s for not listing pretentious dishes to pair it with that only rich foo-foo people cook!  For example, I went to a neighborhood wine bar tasting tonight, and the man leading it recommended pairing one of the wines with a RACK OF LAMB.  Yeah – cuz I cook rack of lamb, like, every Tuesday, so I better stock up on this one…)

So yeah, this is a Chardonnay.  It is $5.99.  It has a tropical fruit taste.  Drink it on a summer evening with a roasted chicken you bought at a grocery store already cooked (not at Trader Joe’s, cuz they don’t do those…).  Drink it on your porch.  Enjoy.

Price - $5.99

Rating – 3.75

No comments:

Post a Comment