Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 37 - Spring Mix Salad

I am a firm believer in making your OWN salad.  That is, buying a couple of different whole heads of nice lettuce and mixing up the perfect blend.  That being said, there are times when that just seems like a bit too much work, or too time consuming.  And it is at those times that I am thankful for bagged lettuce blends.

This blend, Spring Mix, has a nice variety:  baby lettuces (it seems like that should be “baby lettuce” but Google tells me lettuces has become accepted), greens, and radicchio.  The mix provides enough taste, crunch, and color for me. 

Spring Mix Salad
What is does NOT provide is enough VALUE.  Ouch – at $1.99 for a tiny 5 ounce bag I feel like I am getting royally ripped off. 

All in all, for taste this product would get a rating of 4.  But because it seems way overpriced and you can find a bigger mix of the same lettuce at a competing grocery store for less on sale, the rating has to go down.  I buy it in a pinch but try to avoid it.


Price - $1.99
Rating – 2.5

No comments:

Post a Comment